Brooklyn came to visit me last night…..she was slightly dissapointed that this “TV” would not play Dora OR the Wiggles!
I am an ordinary mom with two extraordinary kiddos. My daughter Brooklyn is 11 and has Rett Syndrome and is the first special love of my life. My son Boston is 7 and has Down Syndrome and Autism - he also happened to enter this world 10 weeks early, weighing only 2.3 lbs! I often here the words "You have your hands FULL!" I like to remind people that "you should see my heart!" This blog is a little look into my life as a special mommy (x2) I hope you enjoy your time here!
Sites I LOVE
- About Special Kids
- Army of Us
- Baby Be Blessed
- Down Syndrome Footprint
- Down Syndrome of Northern Indiana
- Girl Power 2 Cure
- International Down Syndrome Coalition
- Linda Burkhart – RS Communication
- More With Music
- Rett Girl
- Rett Syndrome Research Trust
- Something Special Magazine
- Teaching Learners with Mulitple Needs
- Kelly on Love & Awareness for DS/ADS
- Elisa Farmer on Love & Awareness for DS/ADS
- How to tell a family their daughter has a Rett Syndrome diagnosis: A message to all doctors and genetic counselors - Army Of Us Blog on Not your typical Down Syndrome “birth day”
- Tommie on Waiting….
- Birthday Boy on Boston Clark Butler Has Arrived!
I had a great time hanging out with you…mommy's bed is pretty cool right?!?!
First, can't believe you're wearing a Shenandoah Zeps shirt … wait 'til friends in Caldwell see that :)
Secondly, Brookie had a great time and (obviously) was glad to see her Mommy AND was great when we took her out to dinner!
Finally, glad to hear you, Kristin and Shannon had an enjoyable overniter even if it was in the Hospital, especially Shannon making drive from Lexington …she will really have to visit in ANGOLA the next time!!
Will probably see you (and the 'little man') later today … I know Brookie is already waiting to get 'back on the road' and probably bringing more Wiggles Tapes!!! REST while you're there (I know you always tell me the same thing, but I mean it)!!!! LOVE, Dad
Oh dear! This is all a surprising development. He's better off on the outside if the inside isn't giving him the nourishment he needs, it sounds like you are in great hands :)
Keep us posted.
Kelly, with everything that's going on, how do you continue to look so great!!? Keeping you and baby boy Butler in our prayers. I'm glad their taking such good care of you in the hospital, you deserve it!! Hugs!